Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 January 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday morning, January 23, 2019.
9. Network Security: Check Point Software Technologies has unveiled Check Point Maestro, a Check Point Maestro is a revolutionary new architecture that enables businesses of any size to enjoy “hyperscale” network security solution.
8. Identity & API Protection: Ping Identity has upgraded PingIntelligence for APIs, its AI-powered API cybersecurity solution. The effort includes an AI-based cloud trial, the ability to detect new types of attacks, support for Splunk environments, and additional integration with API gateways, the company says. The upgrade comes one week after Check Point acquired API security company ForceNock.
7. Risk Management: Recorded Future has launched Third-Party Risk, a new security module that will expose, contextualize, and rate the potential threat environment facing specific external organizations.
6. Multi-Cloud Security: Cavirin Systems has delivered its Winter 2019 CyberPosture Intelligence release. New capabilities include closed-loop security for Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Security Command Center (SCC) integration, Ansible auto-remediation for Linux workloads, and machine learning-based CyberPosture scoring that helps customers prioritize remediation based on risk, Cavirin says.
5. Partners of the Year – FireEye: They’re listed here.
4. Carbon Black Global Threat Report: Here’s the data and analysis.
3. MSSPs and Zero Trust Networking: Cybriant, a Top 100 MSSP for 2018, has embraced a zero trust networking platform from Zentera Systems. The platform securely transmits network data from Cybriant’s SMB and large enterprise customers to its Security Operations Center (SOC) for behavioral analysis and analytics, the MSSP says.
2. Homeland Security Warning – DNS Tampering: Here’s a major warning from the Department of Homeland Security.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.