Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. IT Monitoring – NIST Seeks Feedback: The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST’s) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has released new draft project description Continuous Monitoring for IT Infrastructure. NIST is seeking feedback on this draft to help refine the challenge and scope. The comment period is open through Friday, July 26, 2019.
3. Talent – SMB Security:Avast has named Vita Santrucek as general manager of Avast Business effective immediately. Santrucek joins the Avast executive leadership team and will focus on the company’s network security product and services portfolio, first launched earlier in 2019, Santrucek joined Avast in 2018 as VP of engineering.
4. Cyber Breach Costs: The cost of a data breach has risen 12 percent over the past 5 years1 and now costs $3.92 million on average, according to new IBM Security research report.
5. U.S. National Security Agency: The NSA will create a cybersecurity directorate later this year as part of a wider effort to align the agency’s offensive and defensive operations more closely, The Wall Street Journal reports.
6. Cybersecurity Education:Digital Defense will offer a range of educational materials The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Department of Computer Science.