Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 May 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
13. Certification: HITRUST has unveiled a certification program for the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, more widely known as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (Framework). Through the HITRUST CSF Assurance Program and assessment scorecard for the NIST Framework, HITRUST offers organizations an effective and efficient means of assuring management, business partners, and regulators their compliance with the NIST Framework’s objectives, the organization says.
12. Cyber Insurance: Boxx, a new insurance MGA based in Toronto, has launched Cyberboxx for SMB customers. The offering is designed to help SMBs “become compliant with the new data privacy legislation expected to become law this November.”
10. Funding: Valimail, a San Francisco, California-based provider of automated email authentication solutions, raised $25 million in Series B funding.
9 . Regional Expansion Part One: ThreatQuotient, which develops a threat intelligence platform, is expanding into Central Europe (CEUR) and the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. To complement existing international representation in France and the UK, operations have started in Germany and Australia, the company says.
8. Regional Expansion Part Two: Kudelski Security has expanded its Secure Blueprint technology to the United States. The blueprint allows CISOs to develop a “business-aligned security program that provides clear visibility to its current state, desired state and how they can close the gaps,” Kudelski claims.
7. Regional Expansion Part Three: Denmark’s LogPoint, a SIEM and big data analytics company, has opened a Boston, Massachusetts location to expand into North America. The company expects to have about 20 U.S.-based employees this year. LogPoint expects to reach a team of 20 in the U.S. this year. Key leaders include VP of U.S. Sales Michael Persechini, a veteran of Qwest, Symantec (Sygate), Motorola (AirDefense), Lanscope and most recently Cisco Systems, which acquired Lancope in 2015.
6. Regional Expansion Part Four: GLESEC ahas launched its Seven Element Model (7eCSM) for cybersecurity, while also launching operations in the State of Florida. GLESEC’s portfolio includes a suite of auditing, regulatory compliance, monitoring and protection services.
5. Talent – MSSP: VirtualArmour International, a cybersecurity managed services provider, has promoted Russ Armbrust to CEO and Andrew Douthwaite to the new position of CTO. Armbrust previously served as vice president of sales, with Douthwaite serving as vice president of managed services.
4. Partnership: VMware Workspace ONE and Okta Identity Cloud are partnering to enable customers to “easily and more securely move to the cloud, leverage existing technology investments and simplify IT management,” the companies say.
3. Partnerships – Palo Alto Networks: Multiple security partnerships emerged at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite18 conference this week in Anaheim, California. For instance, FireMon, a network security policy management specialist, unveiled its Immediate Insight Threat Hunting application for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework. Also, network visibility and access control specialist Portnox unveiled its Portnox CLEAR app for the Application Framework. Customers gain “a complete view of the network, ability to control the risk by coping with threats in real time, as well as increased visibility into devices – including BYOD, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and managed devices, anywhere in the world,” the companies say.
2. Partnership: TrapX Security and Cylance are partnering to offer an integrated solution that “provides accurate, real-time threat detection, visibility, and quick containment of infected endpoints, giving clients early detection capabilities for advanced targeted attacks, human-threat actors, and zero-day malware operating inside the network,” the companies say.
1. Thank You: MSSP Alert celebrates its first birthday this week. Special thanks to our sponsors and readers. Through your daily engagement and support, the site has nearly tripled in size since its first quarter of operation in 2017.