Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Palo Alto Networks Partners of the Year: The honorees — including MSSPs, IT consulting firms, distributors and more — are listed here.
2. Funding – Cloud Security: Lightspin, a contextual cloud security startup focused on Kubernetes and microservices, has raised $4 million seed funding. Ibex Investors LLC led the round with participation from private angel investors.
3. Integration – MSP Software and Security: AlertOps has integrated its major incident management platform with ConnectWise Manage, a professional services automation (PSA) software platform for MSPs. The integration empowers end-users to forward ConnectWise Manage tickets to AlertOps as alerts and increase visibility across the ticket lifecycle, the companies say.
4. Vulnerability Assessments: Acronis True Image 2021 features a “professional-grade” vulnerability assessment tool that allows users to scan their operating systems and applications for exploitable vulnerabilities and get recommendations on effectively closing those security gaps, the company says.
5. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Pondurance has hired RSA Security veteran Mariana Swann as program director, Legal and Insurance. Swann now oversees and expands Pondurance’s relationships with security teams and executive stakeholders focused on cyber insurance, governance, compliance and other cyber risk issues with legal and regulatory ramifications.
6. Partnership – Data Security: Latbc, a technology consulting firm in Mexico City, has agreed to offer Protegrity Data Protection Platform to enterprises in the Latin American (LATAM) market across banking, financial services, retail, healthcare, and other industries.
7. Smart Doorbell Security Concerns: Major security flaws in popular smart doorbells are putting consumers at risk of being targeted by hackers inside their homes, according to consumer watchdog group Which, BBC reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar