Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, June 25, 2018.
6. Breach Costs: The state of Illinois is set to receive $13.9 million in federal funds after Russian hackers breached the state’s voter registration systems ahead of the 2016 election, AP reports.
5. Cyber Attack Costs: The banking industry could lose up to 9 percent of its annual net income because of cyber attack costs, according to the International Monetary Fund.
4. AWS Compliance Monitoring: CloudCheckr on AWS now features automated compliance checking features…
3. AWS Employee Pushback: Amazon employees are protesting the sale of facial recognition technology to law enforcement agencies.
2. M&A – eDiscovery: Everest Technologies has acquired Philadelphia regional discovery services provider Summit Scanning Partners. We’ll share more details soon.