Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, March 26, 2018:
9. Momentum: Accenture’s annual security revenues are nearing the $2 billion mark. We’ll share more details soon…
8. Atlanta Ransomware Update: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms joined COO Richard Cox and Interim CIO Daphne Rackley on Friday to provide an update on the City’s efforts to resolve a ransomware cyberattack. Here’s a blow-by-blow in case you missed it.
7. Talent: Deloitte has hired Europol veteran Rob Wainwright as a senior partner in its European cyber security practice, where he will help lead and grow the team and business with clients. Wainwright will join the firm in June 2018, remain in the Netherlands, and work with clients across Europe, Deloitte says.
6. India Data Sharing Controversy: Allegations that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s official mobile application was sending personal user data to a third party without their consent caused a furor on social media in India and drew criticism from the leader of the main opposition party on Sunday, Reuters says. Modi’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party denied here the allegations and said the data was being used only for analytics to offer all users the “most contextual content,” Reuters added.
5. India Data Sharing Controversy, Part Two: The semi-government agency behind India’s national identity card project on Saturday denied a report by news website ZDNet that the program has been hit by another security lapse that allows access to private information, The Huffington Post says.
4. Privacy: Executives from Apple and IBM have called for more oversight on how personal data is used following the Facebook Inc breach that saw roughly 50 million users’ data misused by consultancy Cambridge Analytica, according to Reuters.
3. Partner Program: Silobreaker, which develops products and services that aggregate, analyze and contextualize open source digital information, has unveiled a North American Channel Partner. The company’s SaaS platform helps partners and their end customers to spot security and business intelligence trends.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs Survey for 2018 is now open. Participate now and your company could be recognized and ranked among the world’s top MSSPs when we unveil research, results and the complete list in September.