Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 October 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, October 26, 2018.
10. Customer Acquisition: Neustar is acquiring VeriSign’s Security Services customer contracts. The deal includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection, Managed DNS, DNS Firewall and fee-based Recursive DNS services customer contracts.
9. DDoS Mitigation: NimbusDDOS, a provider of real-world distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack testing and simulation services, has launched a certification program for DDoS attack mitigation vendors. A10 Networks is the first device manufacturer to complete this certification program.
8. Airline Data Breaches: A cyberattack that hijacked British Airways passenger data this year was far larger than first estimated, the company disclosed yesterday. The announcement came only hours after Cathay Pacific, one of Asia’s largest airlines, said it had suffered a massive data breach, highlighting the difficulties airlines can have in safeguarding travel records, The Wall Street Journal reports.
7. Stating the Obvious: Fully 84 percent of CISOs in North America believe cybersecurity breaches are inevitable, according to Kaspersky Lab research.
6. Network Audits: Netwrix Auditor 9.7, a platform upgrade, allows organizations to detect and investigate network security threats.
4. Small Business Cybersecurity Guides: The FTC has released cybersecurity guides and resources for small businesses.
3. Carbon Black Earnings: Carbon Black‘s Q3 revenues were $53.4 million, up 28.7 percent from Q3 the previous year. The revenues beat Wall Street’s expectations by roughly $700,000. Carbon Black held a successful customer and partner conference in New York earlier this month. But yesterday the company didn’t say much about its partner program during an earnings call; it was a missed opportunity to credit MSSPs and Incident Response partners for their help, MSSP Alert believes.
2. MSSP Suite: A new Pulse Access Suite specifically targets Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) that are building out their service portfolios. It features Virtual Private Network (VPN), Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM), Network Access Control (NAC) and virtual Application Delivery Controller (ADC) solutions within a unified management framework for data center and hybrid IT implementation, the company says.
1. Integrations – Foresite & ConnectWise: Foresite has integrated its cloud-based SIEM and 24/7 SOC capabilities with ConnectWise’s business management software. ConnectWise MSPs can resell Foresite’s cyber testing, compliance assessments and audits, and proactive and reactive incident response. We’ll share more details soon.