Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Decryptors: Kaspersky has unveiled decryptors for the Yatron and FortuneCrypt crypto-ransomware families.
2. Ransomware Warning: The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security has released a ransomware warning that describes how TFlower malware that infects organizations via exposed, unpatched Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) services.
3. Talent: Sysdig, a cloud-native visibility and security company, has hired Palo Alto Networks veteran Janet Matsuda as chief marketing officer (CMO). Matsuda will lead Sysdig’s global marketing efforts and continue to build the company’s brand as the global leader in Kubernetes security and monitoring, the company says.
4. Multi-Cloud Data Security: Hammerspace’s Data as a Service platform now supports multi-cloud data sharing, on-demand cloud bursting, disaster recovery, and Kubernetes data management, the company says.
5. Risk Mitigation: Multiple HP Enterprise technologies — including the HPE-exclusive silicon root of trust and the Aruba Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF) — have been recognized for their ability to reduce risk by insurers in the Cyber Catalyst program from Marsh. Similarly, Trustwave — a Top 200 MSSP for 2019 — earned the same designation for its database security solution called Trustwave DbProtect.
6. SIEM:.Securonix has announced an analytics and threat hunting content package that leverages the MITRE ATT&CK framework as a standard for predicting, detecting and investigating advanced cyber threats.
7. Forensics and Incident Response: Barracuda Networks has introduced Forensics and Incident Response as a dedicated solution. The service was previously available only to Barracuda Total Email Protection customers.
8. Government Mobile Cybersecurity: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Mobile is now FirstNet Listed, making the threat defense service accessible to federal, state and local public safety professionals nationwide through the FirstNet App Catalog.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cyber Insurance and Security Services: AXA XL and Accenture are partnering to offer global cybersecurity services to AXA XL’s underwriters, brokers and clients to strengthen their cyber capabilities to combat and recover from cyberattacks.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- McAfee MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (October 1-3, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.