Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 July 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, July 27, 2018.
10. Cat Fight: SonicWall is jabbing rival Sophos over NSS Labs testing results, but Sophos is quick to note its top spot in SE Labs’ endpoint protection rankings…
9. Integration: MobileIron now integrates with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), enabling common customers to extend existing security policies to mobile endpoints. MobileIron is the first unified endpoint management (UEM) solution to offer this integration, the company claims.
8. Cyber Insurance: Slice Labs Inc. and XL Catlin are partnering to offer an on-demand cyber insurance product for U.S. small and medium-sized business (SMBs). The offering is built on the Slice Insurance Cloud Services (ICS) platform.
7. Launch Part One: Bricata, which develops network threat protection solutions with threat hunting capabilities, has upgraded its management console and new cloud sensors to be deployed in a cloud environment.
3. Talent – JASK: Former FireEye and McAfee CEO Dave DeWalt has joined JASK’s board of directors. Plus, DeWalt’s investment fund — NightDragon Security — participated in JASK’s recent $25M Series B investment. JASK develops an Autonomous Security Operations Center (ASOC).
2. Talent – Awake Security: Former Cylance CTO Rahul Kashyap has joined Awake Security as CEO. Awake’s founding CEO, Michael Callahan, shifts to a technical leadership role at the network detection and response platform provider.
1. Talent – Trustwave: McAfee and DXC Technology veteran George Tomic has joined Trustwave as senior VP of engineering. Earlier, he led HP Enterprise’s managed security services group, along with a key role in Symantec’s cyber security engineering group. Trustwave is a Top 100 MSSP.