Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 August 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
7. Threat Detection: Security On-Demand‘s threat hunting service, called ThreatWatch Hunt, is now available.
6. Funding: Data security firm Very Good Security has raised $8.5 million in Series A funding. Andreessen Horowitz led the round with participation from NYCA, Vertex Ventures, Slow Ventures and Max Levchin.
4. Symantec Management Dashboard: Symantec Management Center has received upgrades, allowing partners migrate to the cloud or a hybrid network security solution, the company says.
3. Partnerships: Seceon and High Wire Networks are partnering on managed security services. High Wire’s Overwatch provides wholesale managed Security-as-a-Service solutions for MSPs, VARs, Telecom and Datacenter partners. Seceon’s aiSIEM solution will be at the center of Overwatch’s Security-as-a-Service platform, enabling service providers to deliver small/medium enterprise (SME) customers 24x7x365 security, the companies say.
2. Cyber Risk Report: Fileless-based attacks rose by 94 percent in the first half of 2018, and PowerShell attacks jumped to a record of 5.2 attacks per 1000 endpoints in June 2018, compared to 2.5 attacks in May. according to an H1 2018 Enterprise Risk Index Report from SentinelOne.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our September webcast. Register now to join us.