Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – ServiceNow and Identity Security: Clear Skye has raised $14 million in Series A funding, co-led by Storm Ventures and Toba Capital with participation from Point Field Partners and Inner Loop Capital. Clear Skye develops an identity security and governance solution built natively on ServiceNow.
2. SIEM for AWS Cloud: Logz.io, an open source observability platform for DevOps teams, has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security Competency status in the Logging, Monitoring, SIEM, Threat Detection, and Analytics category, Logz.io indicated.
3. Ransomware Attacker Sentenced: An Estonian man was sentenced to 66 months in prison for a multi-year role in furthering and facilitating computer intrusions, the movement of fraudulently obtained goods and funds, and the monetization of stolen financial account information. He also participated in ransomware attacks causing over $53 million in losses and was ordered to pay over $36 million in restitution, The U.S. Department of Justice said.
4. Privacy Legislation: Democrats and Republicans are seeking to forge a bipartisan agreement on comprehensive privacy legislation, The Wall Street Journal reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar