Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 January 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday morning, January 29, 2019.
6. Privacy Code of Conduct: The Internet Society has issued a privacy code of conduct — but will anyone embrace it?
4. Microsoft Exchange Vulnerabilities: MSSPs need to close thee Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities, according to a warning from the U.S. government.
3. Cyberinsurance Adoption: Roughly 38 percent of organizations across North America and Europe have a cyberinsurance policy. according to Spiceworks research. Although adoption is expected to continue growing, many organizations still aren’t sold on the benefits of cyber insurance and are hesitant to purchase a policy, the research says.
2. Cyberattacks – Financial Doomsday Coming?: A coordinated global cyberattack, spread through malicious email, could cause economic damages anywhere between $85 billion and $193 billion, a hypothetical scenario developed as a stress test for risk management showed, according to Lloyds of London and Aon, Reuters reports.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.