Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 November 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, November 29, 2018.
9. Partnership: Japanese insurance provider Sompo has agreed to provide Panorays automated third-party security management to businesses throughout Japan. Panorays will cooperate with Sompo Risk Management and the Sompo cyber security business unit, the companies say.
8. M&A: Neustar is acquiring TrustID, a privately held provider of inbound call authentication products and solutions. The technology can authenticate consumers for greater efficiency and lower fraud risk, Neustar says.
7. Dunkin Donuts Data Breach: On behalf of Dunkin customers… ugh.
6. Dell Breach?: Here are the details…
5. SIEM: Exabeam is promoting Smart Timelines and a single user interface (UI) as part of its ongoing mission to improve security analyst productivity, the company says. The SIEM platform additions will offer improved detection, investigation and response to threats, Exabeam says. The company also announced the general availability (GA) of its Threat Intelligence Service to its customer base.
4. AWS Security Hub: Key backers of the new AWS Security Hub include Alert Logic, Armor, Check Point, Fortinet, McAfee, Qualys, Splunk, Tenable, and plenty more. We’ll share more details soon.
3. MSSP Launch: Crimson IT, an MSP, has launched MSSP services for enterprises and SMBs in Los Angeles, California. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Top 10 Security Lists for 2019: We’re rolling out multiple Top 10 lists to help you strengthen your security posture for customers in 2019. The lists so far include…
- Top 10 Security Awareness Training Companies for 2019
- Top 10 Zero Trust Security Companies for 2019
- Top 10 SIEM Software Tools and Companies for 2019
- Top 10 Cloud Access Security Brokers for 2019
- Top 10 Managed Security Services for 2019
- More lists are surfacing daily. Track them all here.
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.