Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 April 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, April 30, 2018.
9. Breach – Student Loan Platform: Access Group Education, a student loan services company, has notified 16,500 borrowers about a data breach that includes Access borrowers’ names, driver’s license numbers and Social Security numbers.
8. Breach – Retail POS Update: A previously announced data breach at Saks Fifth Avenue and Lord & Taylor locations in the United States lasted about nine months before it was detected and shut down last month, Hudson’s Bay Co. said Friday.
5. IT Security Consulting: The global information security consulting market will have a 10.5 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2017-2024, according to Research and Markets.
4. Patch Management: The global patch management software market will reach $353.97 million by 2022, up from $264 million in 2017, according to Absolutely Markets Insights.
3. Talent: Deloitte, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has hired 25 cybersecurity specialists in Colorado Springs and hopes to double its staff during the next two years, GovTech reports. Use this link for the Top 100 MSSP 2018 survey and all future surveys.
2. Amazon Home Security: Yowzers. Looks like Amazon is set to take on ADP…
1. Carbon Black IPO: It should happen sometime later this week. Here’s a preview.