Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. ConnectWise IT Nation – MSP Password Management: Keeper Security has launched KeeperMSP at ConnectWise IT Nation (see complete conference news). KeeperMSP provides “comprehensive password security services tailored for managed service providers (MSPs), managed security service providers (MSSPs) and their customers,” the company says. Partners can purchase Keeper directly from the ConnectWise Marketplace. We’re checking to see if or how KeeperMSP against Kaseya AuthAnvil and IT Glue, and SolarWinds Passportal,
2. Cyber Expansion: A-LIGN, a Tampa-based professional services firm for cybersecurity and privacy compliance, has opened its first international office, in Sofia, Bulgaria, this report says. A-LIGN has been in growth mode. From 2016 to 2018, revenue rose 135 percent to $39.6 million. In June 2019, the company opened an office in Denver.
3. Intellectual Property – Endpoint Security Automation: SentinelOne has earned a remediation-related patent. The technology enhances SentinelOne’s detection and attribution capabilities within ActiveEDR.
4. Talent – CISO: Informatica veteran Roger Hale has joined venture capital firm YL Ventures GP Ltd. as chief information security officer (CISO) in residence. Hale has acted as an outside advisor for YL Ventures since June 2018.
5. Cyberattack Cost Prediction: A cyberattack on Asian ports could cost as much as $110 billion, or half the total global loss from natural catastrophes in 2018, Lloyd’s of London says, Reuters reports.
6. Facebook Files Malware Suit: Facebook has filed a lawsuit against the NSO Group, accusing the Israeli cyber-surveillance firm of using WhatsApp to spread spyware to 1,400 mobile devices in 20 countries from April through May, Engadget reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Fraud Detection: DataVisor, a fraud detection company, has launched ExtenD, a partner program targeting mid-to-large size enterprises.
2. Partnership – IAM: Clango, an independent cybersecurity advisory firm and provider of identity and access management (IAM) solutions, has partnered with Omada to deliver on-premises and cloud-based identity solutions to customers.
3. Partner Program – Incident Response: Infocyte, which develops a cybersecurity incident response platform, has introduced a Response Ready program for certified IR partners. Additionally, Infocyte announced new platform Extensions today, enabling customers and partners to develop, deploy, and share custom collection and action capabilities built on top of Infocyte’s platform.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- More: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.