Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSPs and Cyber Insurance: Foresite, a Top 100 MSSP, has introduced cyber insurance for its customers. The coverage includes instant underwriting by an A+ leading carrier; $0 deductible; and $250,000 of cyber liability protection, the MSSP asserts.
2. M&A – Mac Security: Jamf has acquired Digita Security, creators of enterprise-grade, purpose-built endpoint protection solutions designed to protect Apple Mac users from malicious activities and threats, the companies assert.
3. Patch Management: Flexera, has released an add-on module for its Software Vulnerability Manager – Vendor Patch Module.
4. Security Analytics: Digital Defense has unveiled Frontline Insight, an array of security analytics accessible via Frontline.Cloud. The result: Digital Defense clients can now pull information to not only help further reduce security risk, but also help determine how best to evolve information security programs for better performance, the company asserts.
5. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): Securonix has announced general availability of its SOAR 2.0 product. The security orchestration, automation and response platform features integrated SIEM, UEBA, and SOAR capabilities. The net result is threat detection, investigation, and response, the company says.
6. Endpoint Threat Detection: Attivo Networks has announced “significant portfolio enhancements that effectively lock down the endpoint so that attackers cannot advance their attacks,” the company asserts. Among the key enhancements: Securing Microsoft Active Directory.
8. FireEye Financial Results: FireEye reported second quarter financial results. The figures included:
- Revenue of $218 million, up 7 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $67.3 million, smaller than a net loss of $72.8 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The company’s current quarter forecast disappointed investors, and shares fell about 12 percent in after-hours trading.
9. Talent – Fired Over Data Leak: A school district board of education has fired an employee who transferred student information to a personal Google Drive account without proper authorization. The employee plans to appeal the ruling, according to a CBS affiliate.
10. Talent – Identity Management: ForgeRock has hired CreditSafe and HP Enterprise Services veteran Russ Kirby as chief information security officer (CISO) and Imperva veteran James Ross as the managing director of the company’s ANZ operations.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration: Illusive Networks, which develops deception-based cyber defense solutions, now integrates with Carbon Black’s CB Response platform. Partners and customers gain accelerated detection and response for Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), malicious insiders, malware, and other forms of targeted attacks, the companies claim.
3. Multifunction Printer Security: McAfee’s Embedded Control security software will now protect Canon U.S.A.’s multifunction printer devices against malware.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.