Managed Security Services Provider News: 04 October 2017
As promised, here are items 10 to 1 for today…
10. Security ROI: SonicWall’s Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service apparently found and stopped new malware variants throughout Q2, and continues to enjoy rapid adoption. Need the details? Check in directly with the company.
9. FireEye Conference: The FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2017 kicks off next week…
8. Cloud Security: Palo Alto Networks‘ Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) offering — known as the Aperture SaaS security service — now protects several Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions, including EC2, IAM and S3.
7. IPO: It looks like the ForeScout Technology IPO could occur as soon as this month…
6. Cyber Talent: A whopping 91 percent of security professionals plan to use outsourcing to address the cyber skills gap.
5. Cyber Insurance: The rising hacker threat will trigger a boom in cyber insurance, according to Tyrg, a cyber insurer.
4. Vulnerability Assessments: Digital Defense Inc. and TAG Cyber have launched VM3, short for the Vulnerability Management Maturity Model Assessment. The assessment will help large and small enterprises gain actionable intelligence on their vulnerability management program in under five minutes, the two companies claim.
3. MSSP Acquired: KPN has acquired QSight IT, an MSSP and public cloud consultancy in the Netherlands.
1. MSSP Milestone: Delta Risk, another Top 100 MSSP for 2017, is celebrating ten years in the MSSP and professional cyber security market. PS: Read Delta Risk’s cybersecurity perspectives right here on MSSP Alert.