Managed Security Services Providers Morning News: 28 September 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, September 28, 2017:
9. Equifax Next Steps: New York regulators have issued subpoenas to investigate the massive Equifax breach. Equifax, meanwhile, has vowed to offer free credit freezes for life in order to protect customers who are worried about the breach. Fallout from the hack, which involved 143 million customer identities, has triggered the “retirement” of Equifax’s former CEO, CIO and CISO.
8. California Launches Security Operations Center (SOC): The California Department of Technology (CDT) has launched the state’s first-ever Security Operations Center (SOC) within the Office of Information Security (OIS). So what does a state-run SOC look like? Here are some clues.
7. Physical Building Monitoring: S2 Security has launched a cloud-based service for management and monitoring of access control and surveillance solutions.
6. File Integrity Monitoring: Qualys Inc., which develops cloud-based security and compliance solutions, has launched its File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) Cloud App, an extension to the Qualys Cloud Platform that reduces the cost and complexity of detecting policy and compliance-related changes across sprawling IT environments, the company claims.
5. Talent: Forcepoint has hired Tom Flink as VP of global channel sales. He reports to Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) Sean Foster. Flink previously held key roles at RES Software, Citrix Systems, MTM Technologies, and Vector ESP.
4. MobileIron: MobileIron Access, a cloud-based security solution, has gain new lifecycle capabilities including:
- MobileIron Access Risk Discovery identifies unauthorized devices and apps accessing business cloud services like Office 365 and Salesforce.
- MobileIron Access for Mac and PC brings conditional access to the desktop and ensures that only trusted Macs, Windows 10, and Windows 7 devices can access those services.
- MobileIron Access Authentication Analytics identifies unusual patterns of usage that could indicate either a new business need or a potential security threat.
3. Ransomware Tops the Charts: Ransomware eclipsed most other forms of cybercrime as on-line crime surged in 2017, European policing agency Europol said on Wednesday, citing high-profile attacks such as “WannaCry” that reached millions of computers, according to Reuters.
2. Network Visibility: Masergy’s Managed Detection and Response service includes a new Network Visibility tool that leverages Netflow data, Active Directory, geolocation, syslog, BGP and other metadata to gain deep network insight for the purpose of identifying and investigating malicious activity across the entire IT infrastructure. Heads Up: Masergy is a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, according to MSSP Alert research that will surface today.
1. Top 100 MSSPs: Today’s the day. We’ll unveil the Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers list and research report today (Thursday) during our webcast at 2:00 p.m. ET. Register now and join us.