Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs): 02 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Medical Device Security – Major Warning: The U.S. government officials on Tuesday issued a warning about cybersecurity vulnerabilities in operating systems that power a variety of medical devices, Bloomberg reports.
3. Identity Management – M&A: Atos, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, has completed the acquisition of IDnomic, European provider of digital identity management infrastructure.
4. Identity Management – Self-Service: Ping Identity has launched PingCentral, a self-service delegated administration and converged operating portal for enterprise identity and access management (IAM).
5. SIEM – Exabeam Upgrade: Exabeam has upgraded the Exabeam Security Management Platform (SMP), including integrated MITRE ATT&CK Framework labels and customized incidents to speed investigations.
6. SIEM – Elastic Upgrade: Elastic has launched version 7.4 of the Elastic Stack. The upgraded allows customers to simplify cluster administration and operations, introduce new aggregation and machine learning capabilities, and deepen the stack security experience.
8. Research – Threat Hunting: CrowdStrike has released the Falcon OverWatch 2019 Mid-Year Report: Observations From the Front Lines of Threat Hunting.
9. SAP Application Security: ERP Maestro, a provider of automated and cloud-based controls for access, security and GRC, has launched the “6-step Insider Risk Prevention and Security Training Guide.”
10. U.S. Election Security: FireEye has launched an election security public resource to help governments enforce free and fair elections.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – SOC as a Service: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute ISA Cybersecurity‘s Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) options in Canada. ISA also has an Infinity Partner Program.
3. Cyber Insurance and Network Security: OPAQ and CNA are partnering to promote a cloud-based cyber security solution that will enable CNA’s cyber insurance policyholders to deploy and enforce security policy across wide-area networks (WANs).
4. Partner Program – Identity Management: Partners now influence nearly 70 percent of One Identity‘s revenues.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- McAfee MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (October 1-3, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.