1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Monday, April 3 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.
MSSP News Alert: Monday 03 April 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, April 3, 2017:
6. European Security & Brexit: Britain’s contribution to European security is “unconditional,” Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told a French newspaper, denying the government had made a veiled threat to reduce cooperation if there was no post-Brexit trade deal, Business Insider reported.
5. Government Cybersecurity Guidelines: The National Institute of Standards and Technology is close to completing a document that seeks to guide federal agencies on how to implement and unify a cybersecurity framework that NIST developed for the private sector with the government’s cyber regulations, ExecutiveGov says.
4. Cybersecurity Accelerators: Seven cybersecurity startups have graduated from the first UK government-led accelerator program to boost initial sales and business development and secure follow-on third-party investment, ComputerWeekly says. For a look at accelerators and incubators across the U.S., check out the ChannelE2E Funding and Financing Database.
3. Cybersecurity Education: A new cybersecurity program at Coppin State University will train and employ graduates with the Department of Defense, according to WMAR in Baltimore, Md. The Cyber Warrior Diversity Program, created in partnership with the Northrop Grumman Corporation and Baltimore-based tech company Digit All City, is designed for students pursuing degrees in the tech industry, the report says.
2. Intel & McAfee: Intel’s spin-out of McAfee becomes official this week. What does McAfee’s independence potentially mean for MSSPs? Hmmm… We’ll share more thoughts sometime this week.