MSSP News Alert: Wednesday 12 April 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, April 12, 2017:
10. Hacker Fallout: Publicly held companies that disclose hacks and breaches typically see their stock prices fall nearly 2 percent on the news, according to recent research from CGI and Oxford Economics. We’ll share more analysis soon.
9. Talent – Identity & Access Management: Robert Block has joined SecureAuth as senior VP of identity strategy. He previously was VP of client solutions, identity and access management (IAM) at Optiv Security, which KKR acquired earlier this year.
8. Identity and Access Management: IDSync has upgraded its IAM platform with new features for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and full integration with Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, and Odin Automation.
7. Security, Machine Learning & SMBs: Trend Micro is focusing heavily on XGen security — which embeds machine learning inside Trend Micro Worry-Free Services. The effort protects SMB endpoints from known and unknown threats across any user activity and endpoint, the company claims.
6. EMEA Cybersecurity: The Cyber-Security Council Germany has opened its first international chapter with security firm Checkmarx in Israel, establishing a bridge between German and Israeli cybersecurity communities, Reuters reported.
5. SWIFT Security: SWIFT, which is used to transfer trillions of dollars between banks every day, will launch a new tool to spot fraudulent messages, seeking to restore trust in the system after millions of dollars were stolen in cyber raids, Reuters says. Last year $81 million was stolen from Bangladesh’s central bank after thieves hacked into its SWIFT system and sent instructions to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to pay money from Bangladesh Bank’s account to parties in Asia, the report noted.
4. DRaaS: UKCloud has launched Disaster Recovery to the Cloud, a self-service replication and recovery solution, powered by Zerto.
3. Docker & Container Security: Cavirin Systems has launched support for Docker, addressing security concerns across the container development and deployment lifecycle with capabilities such as image scanning and container hardening, both on-premises and in the cloud., the company claims.
2. Security Breach: Payday loans company Wonga has suffered a data breach that could affect up to 270,000 customers, CNet UK said. Wonga reported the security breach on Sunday and sent emails to customers it believes may have had their personal details compromised, CNet UK reported. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Security Funding: Synack, a startup that combines software security tools with a network of white-hat hackers to help keep its customers secure, has raised $21.25 million Series C funding, TechCrunch reported. Key financial backers include Microsoft Ventures, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Singtel Innov8.