MSSP News Alert: 21 March 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, March 21, 2017:
6. Multi-Cloud Security: IBM has launched Cloud Secure Virtualization, a cloud-based solution that provides workload security for data and applications, and automates reporting to assist with regulatory requirements, the company claims.
5. Endpoint Management, Security: IBM’s MaaS360 unified endpoint management (UEM) now leverages Watson technology to analyze devices on the network and recommend policies, patches and customized best practices to better manage and protect them, the company claims.
4. Global Video Surveillance Market: The global video surveillance as a service (VSaaS) market will reach $88.25 billion by 2024, which represents a 17 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2016, Transparency Market Research estimates. Key players to watch include Eyecast Inc., Genetec Inc., Brivo Systems LLC and Neo Solutions, Inc., while the report also identifies Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Axis Communications AB, Bosch Security Systems Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., and Canon, Inc. as other prominent companies.
3. Cybersecurity: CyberSaint Inc.has launched CyberStrong, a cybersecurity cloud platform that enables organizations to manage cybersecurity as a measurable and predictable business function, the company claims. We don’t know if a partner program is planned…
2. M&A – IT Security Services: Optiv Security has acquired Comm Solutions, a regional provider of enterprise-level security and networking technology, services and solutions. The deal deepens Optiv’s footprint across Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and New York. Comm Solutions will continue to operate as a standalone company until integration is complete in the second half of 2017. Financial terms were not disclosed. Private equity firm KKR acquired Optiv for $1.9 billion in December 2016.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Tuesday, March 21. Our target launch date remains mid-2017.