MSSP News Alert: Monday 17 April 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, April 17, 2017:
5. NSA Hacker Tools?: The U.S. National Security Agency likely used weaknesses in commercially available software to access SWIFT, the massive money-transfer system, according Shadow Brokers, a group that released the alleged information on Friday. Microsoft, meanwhile, says it previously addressed the security holes outlined by the Shadow Brokers information leak. Still, the bigger story involves the NSA’s alleged hacking and probing of SWIFT.
4. Earnings: Barracuda Networks is expected to announce quarterly earnings results sometime today. The security and backup specialist has been expanding its MSP channel in recent months. We’ll check the company’s progress when the earnings results surface.
3. Security Partnership: CyberRx and Wapack Labs have partnered to enhance SMB security. CyberRx’s software helps businesses to assess their cyber capabilities within the Cybersecurity Framework, developed by the National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST). Wapack Labs provides early warning cyber-threat detection, and cyber threat intelligence and analysis for nearly 7,000 organizations worldwide. The CyberRX and Wapack Labs offerings are now available from a single portal. Get info here.
2. Top 10 Data Center Security Companies: The list includes…
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Monday, April 17 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.