RSA Conference 2019 and MSSP Cybersecurity News: 05 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
But this week, we’re blogging live from RSA Conference 2019 in San Francisco. Several of the updates below surfaced at the massive security event.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
36. New Cyber Suite: Zix Corp., which specializes in email security and recently acquired AppRiver, has launched ZixSuite, a cloud-based business communications security and compliance solution. The suite combines advanced threat protection, business email continuity, email encryption, email DLP and unified archiving, all managed from a centralized interface. The suite is designed to simplify security and regulatory compliance for SMB customers. It brings together ZixProtect, ZixEncrypt and ZixArchive.
35. China Hackers Target U.S. Universities: Chinese hackers have targeted more than two dozen universities in the U.S. and around the globe as part of an elaborate scheme to steal research about maritime technology being developed for military use, according to iDefense, a cybersecurity intelligence unit of Accenture Security, The Wall Street Journal reports.
34. Cyber Insurance: Cytegic Inc. and Phoenix Insurance Company LTD are partnering to to make cyber insurance accessible and relevant for small and midsize enterprises — and not just large corporations, the two companies assert.
33. VMware Launches Internal Firewall: The virtualization giant has launched the VMware Service-defined Firewall, which offers internal firewalling capabilities. The software leverages VMware NSX and VMware AppDefense technologies, providing application visibility with intelligent, automated and adaptive firewalling capabilities to protect apps, data and users, VMware claims.
32. Endpoint Protection: SparkCognition, a global artificial intelligence (AI) company, this month plans to launch version 2.0 of its next-generation endpoint protection platform and SDK, DeepArmor.
31. Network Detection and Response: LogRhythm has released LogRhythm NDR, an automated network security solution for detecting, qualifying, investigating and responding to advanced network-borne threats.
Continue to page two of four for items 30 through 21