Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Talent & Philanthropy: Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS) has received a $150,000 gift from Craig Newmark Philanthropies to expand its work to recruit, retain and advance women in the cybersecurity field. Newmark is the founder of Craigslist.
3. IoT Security: BlackBerry Secure UEM & Productivity Suites are now available, the company says. The suites are designed to safeguard IoT (Internet of Things_ networks with secure access to tools, applications, and files for enhanced productivity, collaboration, and agility, BlackBerry says.
4. Research – Phishing Attacks: Barracuda’s Q3 findings are here.
5. Research – Developers and Security: Nearly half of all software development teams lack a dedicated security expert, according to research from WhiteHat Security, a subsidiary of NTT Security, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019.
6. Research – Threat Intelligence: The latest report from Mimecast is here.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Threat Intelligence – ReversingLabs and Splunk: ReversingLabs has updated its application for Splunk Enterprise. ReversingLabs enriches Splunk data with malware analysis and local threat intelligence for real-time correlation and threat detection results, the company says.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.