Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 02 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Service Catalog: TDI recently unveiled a Managed Cybersecurity Performance (MCP) offering — which allows organizations to “outsource and better manage their cybersecurity performance, mitigate risk, reduce ransomware, provide continuous compliance, improve cyber-ROI, and slash cyber insurance premiums.”
2. Offensive XDR and MDR Services: Infopercept has launched Invinsense Offensive Extended Detection and Response (OXDR) tool and Offensive Managed Detection and Response (OMDR) services. The MSSP services will help organizations to “regularly test their digital landscape and improve their cybersecurity posture continuously.”
3. Penetration Testing: CREST has released the CREST Defensible Penetration Test, a specification that provides recommendations on how penetration tests should be scoped, delivered and signed off.
4. Crypto Bridge Hack: Nomad, a bridge protocol for transferring crypto tokens across different blockchains, lost close to $200 million in a security exploit, according to security firm PeckShield Inc., Bloomberg reported.
5. Ransomware Gas Pipeline Attack: The ALPHV ransomware gang, aka BlackCat, claimed responsibility for a cyberattack against Creos Luxembourg S.A. last week, a natural gas pipeline and electricity network operator in the central European country, Bleeping Computer reported. Meanwhile, Creos disclosed the attack on July 25.
6. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): VIPRE Security Group is preparing to launch Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) for small businesses and IT teams this fall. The platform will support endpoint protection and isolation, threat visualization and incident management, the company indicated.
8. Partner – AWS Security Competency: Tata Consultancy Services has achieved the Compliance and Privacy distinction in Amazon Web Services (AWS)’ newly launched Security Competency.
9. API Security: Traceable AI has added extended Berkeley Packet Filter (eBPF) data to its platform. Traceable helps CISOs, DevSecOps, and DevOps teams to “obtain deeper observability and visibility into APIs without additional instrumentation or latency,” the company asserted.
10. Government Cybersecurity: Zscaler Internet Access has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Authority to Operate from the FedRAMP Joint Authorization Board (JAB).
11. Executive Leadership – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Versa Networks has hired former Verizon Business executive Pantelis Astenburg as VP of sales for the DACH region.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar