Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Help Wanted – MSP Security Software: TitanHQ, a provider of cloud-based email and web protection software, has nearly doubled its workforce over the past six months. Recent recruits include CTO Sean Morris and CFO Brian O’Driscoll. Current TitanHQ career opportunities are listed here. TitanHQ serves about 2,500 MSPs across 150 countries. Key customers include T-Mobile and Datto, among others.
2. MSP Software – DNS Filtering: N-able will integrate DNSFilter into the N-able N-central and RMM software platform. The relationship will provide MSPs with threat protection and content filtering capabilities. N-central support will arrive in Q2 of 2021, with RMM support expected sometime thereafter.
3. MSP Data Breach – Class Action Lawsuit?: A former Presidio employee, Eric LaPrairie, is seeking to launch a nationwide class action lawsuit against the MSP and IT solutions provider. The case involves an alleged SIM swap attack against Presidio, National Law Review reports. Presidio offered either 12 or 24 months of credit monitoring services to all individuals who were affected, JD Supra reports.
4. Identity and Access Management (IAM): HID Global has announced the general availability of a WorkforceID Authentication solution. Workforce ID Authentication builds upon HID’s multi-factor authentication platform for consumer applications including online and mobile banking.
5. Code Management Breach: U.S. federal investigators are probing an intrusion at San Francisco-based software auditing company Codecov that affected an unknown number of its 29,000 customers, the firm said, raising the specter of knock-on breaches at companies elsewhere, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar