Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Are Ransomware Payments Worth It?: If you suffer a ransomware attack and pay extortionists to regain access to data, applications, and/or systems, there’s only a 14 percent chance that you’ll recover all of your data, according to OwnBackup research.
3. Partnership: ePlus has expanded its Managed Security Services portfolio to include Fortinet’s FortiSwitch and FortiAP switching and wireless access points, FortiManager network management software, and FortiAnalyzer security fabric analytics and automation.
4. SaaS Security Posture Management: Obsidian Security now has the ability to detect SaaS session hijacking attempts “early in the kill chain across multiple platforms” such as Okta, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 and more, the company said.
5. Cyber Insurance: Resilience has launched a “new process for modular policy production, making it the first to adopt modularity for cyber insurance,” the company asserted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar