Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Talent: Exabeam, a security analytics and automation company, has hired Expanse, Druva and Splunk veteran Sherry Lowe as chief marketing officer (CMO).
3. M&A – Mobile Endpoint Security: Ivanti has completed its previously announced acquisitions of MobileIron and Pulse Secure. Ivanti, backed by Clearlake Capital Group and TA Associates, specializes in Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), Zero Trust Security, and IT Service Management (ITSM).
4. Threat Hunting: Milton Security, a provider of Extended Detection & Response (XDR) and Managed Detection & Response (MDR) services, has released Milton Argos Platform 2.0 (MAP). The platform offers live threat hunting, security monitoring, incident response and threat anticipation, the company says.
5. Email Security: Ironscales, which develops self-learning email security, now integrates with Microsoft Teams and Slack. Through the integrations, Ironscales can notify security teams using these two popular collaboration and messaging tools about phishing incidents in real-time.
6. Simulated DDoS Attacks: DOSarrest Internet Security has released a new version of its Cyber Attack Preparation Platform (CAPP). The self-service portal allows customers to test their DDoS protection capabilities. CAPP features over 50 different DDoS attack types.
8. Partnership – Identity Management: Prevalent Third-Party Risk Management Platform now integrates with the SecZetta Third Party Identity Risk solution. The result: Using Prevalent’s vendor risk intelligence, SecZetta is then able to automate security controls related to vendor employee access in response to new risks such as security incidents, exposed credentials, or compliance violations, the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Siemplify SOCstock (December 3, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar