Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Security – Government Compliance: Lumen Technologies has launched a new managed security solution for a remote workforce and branch offices. The service meets the security requirements of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) 3.0 initiative, Lumen asserts.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): VMware Carbon Black has launched MDR services…
3. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Anomali is introducing a cloud deployment option for Anomali Match. The cloud-based XDR service is now available in beta.
4. Anti-Phishing: TitanHQ has launched SpamTitan Plus to help partners combat Zero-Day email phishing attacks.
5. Security Operations Center: SecurityHQ has opened a SOC in New York. The company offers 24/7/365 threat monitoring, detection, and targeted response.
6. Multi-Cloud Network Security: Aviatrix has announced ThreatIQ with ThreatGuard, which embeds network security across the Aviatrix multi-cloud native data plane and enables every network node to provide security inspection and enforcement, the company said.
7. Independent Cybersecurity Audits: A-LIGN has surfaced at the conference to promote independent cybersecurity audits and assessments, which allow organizations to “assure their customers that sensitive data and critical operations are handled securely. A-LIGN develops the A-SCEND compliance management platform. The company’s 2022 product roadmap is on display at the event.
8. Multi-Cloud Data Discovery and Protection: BigID has launched a set of Auto Discovery apps, which allow customers to “quickly and automatically find sensitive and personal data stored in the cloud” — including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partner Program – Zero Trust: Illumio has announced the new Illumio Technology Alliance Partner Program (TAP). The program emphasizes integrations with technology partners.
2. Partnership – Autonomous Threat Hunting: Intel 471‘s intelligence will now be embedded in Kognos XDR Hunter for customers. The result will be fully autonomous threat hunts in customer environments.
3. Partner Program – Kubernetes Cloud Services: Civo has launched a Partner Program, which is designed to bring sales leads to Civo in exchange for commissions.
4. Integration – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Kudelski Security‘s MDR service now integrates with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Kudelski Security delivers the capabilities through its Cyber Fusion Center — which operates from Switzerland and the United States.