1. Managed Security Services – Market Forecast: The global Managed Security Services market is projected to grow from US$31.6 billion in 2020 to US$46.4 billion by 2025. That’s a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.0% during the forecast period, according to Markets and Markets. The forecast is less ambitious than most of the data MSSP Alert has seen. Our general view is the MSSP market will grow roughly 12 percent to 15 percent annually through 2025.
2. Talent – RedSeal CEO:RedSeal has hired former Symantec GM Bryan Barney as CEO. Barney succeeds Ray Rothrock, though Rothrock will remain executive chairman of the board. RedSeal develops a cyber terrain analytics platform and related professional services.
3. Minneapolis Website Under Attack?: The Minneapolis Police Department’s website has shown signs of a cyber-attack since late Saturday, days after a video purported to be from the hacktivist group Anonymous promised retribution for the death of George Floyd during an arrest, Bloomberg reports.
4. Zoom Encryption Services: Video conferencing provider Zoom plans to strengthen encryption of video calls hosted by paying clients and institutions such as schools, but not by users of its free consumer accounts, Reuters reports. The encryption technology likely involves Zoom’s recent Keybase acquisition.
5. Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 Conference: The cybersecurity company’s customer and partner conference is now scheduled for November 9-12 in Las Vegas. It was postponed from June in Texas because of the coronavirus pandemic.