Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent – eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): ReliaQuest has hired Tripwire, McAfee, RSA and Mimecast veteran Alex Bender as its chief marketing officer (CMO).
3. Data Breach – Professional Services Firm: Staff working at Arup, a global consultancy, have had their personal details compromised following a major cybersecurity attack, Edinburgh Evening News reports.
4. Physical Security – Commercial Real Estate: Kastle Systems has deployed “touchless” access control systems in Tower Palace 100, a prominent building in Atlanta, Georgia.
5. Partner Program: API specialist Salt Security has joined the and has contributed to the partner ecosystem by releasing the MuleSoft Certified Connector for Salt.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar