Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. AWS re:Invent 2019 News: Plenty of cybersecurity, endpoint protection, identity and access management (IAM) and data protection news will surface at this week’s AWS re:Invent 2019 conference in Las Vegas. Track all the AWS re:Invent 2019 news here.
2. SMS Data Leak: TrueDialog failed to properly secure its SMS texting solution, leaving customers’ text messages and personally identifiable information (PII) exposed, vpnMentor reports.
3. Prosegur Ransomware Attack: Spanish multinational cash logistics and private security company Prosegur last week shut down its IT network to mitigate a Ryuk ransomware infection, ZDnet reports.
5. Talent – Consulting: FTI Consulting in London has named Joshua Burch as a senior managing director and head of cybersecurity for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Also, Kyung Kim joins in Seoul as senior managing director and head of cybersecurity for Asia Pacific.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.