Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 02 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Spyware Targets Spain Prime Minister, Defense Minister: Spanish authorities have detected Pegasus spyware in the mobile phones of Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and Defense Minister Margarita Robles, Reuters reported.
2. DDoS Attacks: Romanian government websites and other institutions were the target of a DDoS cyberattack by Killnet, a pro-Russian hacking unit. Source: Bloomberg, April 29, 2022.
3. Ransomware Attacks University: Students at Austin Peay State University have taken to change.org with a petition urging school officials to rethink exam schedules that have been disrupted because of a ransomware attack on several of the school’s key communications platforms, including email and One-Stop, the Tennessean reported.
4. Channel Chief – Cloud-first Backup: Redstor has hired Datto, Barracuda and Skout Cybersecurity veteran Mike Hanauer as chief revenue officer (CRO).
5. Ubiquiti Managed Services: SimpleFly has introduced Ubiquiti managed services and support contracts, which are “designed to intercept network and device issues before they can become expensive, business-crippling outages.”