Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Top 10 Security Projects for 2021: From XDR to Work From Home (WFH) initiatives, here are the Top 10 security projects and priorities for 2021 from Gartner.
3. Integrations – SIEM and Public Cloud Data: Exabeam’s SIEM offering, called Exabeam Security Management Platform (SMP), has gained deeper connections to major public cloud platforms — including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The connections allow organizations to detect improper access of cloud storage objects and defend against threats to cloud-based data, such as attackers exfiltrating sensitive data or hosting malicious files, Exabeam says.
4. Montreal Metro Ransomware Attack: A malicious hacker that attacked Montreal’s transit agency with malware has demanded a ransom of US $2.8 million to restore normal network operations, Infosecurity Magazine reports.
5. U.S. Elections – Fundraising Cyber Breach: Hackers stole some $2.3 million from the Republican Party of Wisconsin’s campaign to re-elect President Trump in what one top official called a “sophisticated phishing attack,” a recent report said.
6. Iran Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Warning: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have issued an alert about alleged Iranian Advanced Persistent Threat Actor activities.
7. Security Operations Centers (SOCs) — Middle East Compliance: LogRhythm has launched reporting capabilities and compliance use cases that “make it simple and efficient to comply with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s (KSA) Essential Cybersecurity Controls (ECC),” the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar