Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. M&A List: Here are 85 M&A deals involving MSSPs — including all the buyers, sellers and investors.
3. Updated – Log4j Vulnerability Scanners: Here are 18 tools that MSPs, MSSPs and threat hunters can use to find and mitigate Log4j vulnerabilities.
4. T-Mobile SIM Card Swapping Attacks: T-Mobile has confirmed SIM card swapping attacks have targeted a “very small number” of the mobile company’s customers, BleepingComputer reported. T-Mobile has faced intense public scrutiny after suffering multiple cyberattacks in recent years.
5. Impresa Cyberattack: The websites of one of Portugal’s biggest newspapers and of a major broadcaster, both owned by the country’s largest media conglomerate Impresa, were down after being hit by a hacker attack over the weekend, Reuters reported.