Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 03 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Partner Program: Torq, a provider of no-code security automation, has launched the Torq Automation Alliance for VARs, distributors, system integrations (SIs), MSSPs and managed detection and response providers (MDRs).
3. Security Analytics: Ahead of RSA Conference 2022, VMware introduced Contexa, a threat intelligence capability that “observes the breadth of VMware’s network, endpoint, and user technologies.” The result: VMware is “reframing traditional security analytics with enriched threat intelligence to enhance its security and management portfolio,” the company asserted.
4. Security Operations Center (SOC) Platform: Gurucul has released the Gurucul Security Analytics and Operations Platform. The platform converges SIEM, XDR, User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA), Network Traffic Analysis (NTA), Security Operations and Automation Response (SOAR), and Identity Access Analytics (IAA) into a single pane of glass, the company asserted.
5. MDR for AWS: LogicHub has unveiled the MDR Jump Start for AWS program. The program offers companies the “opportunity to outsource the security operations – including people, time and skills — needed to manage critical applications in the AWS cloud, rather than investing in these resources in-house,” LogicHub asserted.
6. Managed Threat Hunting: Neosec has released ShadowHunt, an “expert-staffed managed threat hunting service to augment its platform with human oversight from active threat hunters to identify the most clandestine and obfuscated API abuse,” the company said.
7. Alliance – Vulnerability Management: FortMesa and CyVision are partnering to promote compliance orchestration, vulnerability management and vulnerability testing to service providers.
8. Cyber Staff Churn: Roughly 45% of SecOps professionals have considering quitting the industry due to stress, with the primary issues being an unrelenting threat from ransomware and the expectations to always be on call or available, according to the third annual Voice of SecOps Report from Deep Instinct.
9. Funding – Supply Chain Security: Chainguard has raised $50 million in its Series A funding round led by Sequoia Capital with participation from Amplify, the Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC, LiveOak Venture Partners, Banana Capital, K5/JPMC and CISOs from Google and Square (Block), among others.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar