Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. U.S. Election Security: National security professionals from across the U.S. government will meet on Tuesday in a Northern Virginia office building for an unprecedented monitoring effort to counter cyberattacks and foreign disinformation aimed at Super Tuesday presidential primaries, Reuters reports.
2. Research – Global Threat Report: CrowdStrike’s 2020 report is summarized here.
3. Compliance – SIEM: Multiple Securonix products have been approved for Network Security Management of the Department of Homeland Security’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program’s Approved Products List, the SIEM software provider says.
4. Secure Access Service Edge: Cato Networks bookings grew 220% in 2019 vs. 2018, and the company’s channel-led business doubled. More than 450 enterprises now leverage Cato’s platform. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
5. Cyber Education: The Check Point SecureAcademy education initiative now spans 100 academic institutions. The the program provides cybersecurity curriculum to students.
6. Alliance – Risk Mitigation: GroupSense, a digital risk protection company, and Grant Thornton LLP, one of the nation’s largest audit, tax and advisory firms, have teamed to offer a digital crime mitigation solution, the companies say.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — coronavirus precautions
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar