Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Urgent Microsoft Exchange Patch: Details are here.
2. Investment – John Chambers and Application Security: Former Cisco CEO John Chambers, now leader of JC2 Ventures, has invested in Virsec and joined the application-aware security company as a strategic advisor. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed.
3. Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud Security: Infocyte, a provider of endpoint detection and incident response services, has unveiled a Microsoft 365 Security Module. The solution inspects, hardens and monitors Microsoft 365 environments for mid-market customers and Infocyte partners, the company says.
4. Microsoft Active Director Security – IAM: Silverfort, a member of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), has introduced a new offering that “enables organizations to consolidate Identity and Access Management for all their devices, applications and environments on Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).”
5. All Microsoft Ignite Conference News: Track all Microsoft Ignite 2021 virtual conference news updates here.
6. Certification – Government Cybersecurity: All Covered, the IT services division of Konica Minolta, has earned the Cybersecurity Maturing Model Certification (CMMC). The CMMC is intended to serve as a “verification mechanism to confirm appropriate levels of cybersecurity practices, processes and capabilities. This in turn ensures All Covered customers have an adequate level of cyber hygiene to meet the recommended standards of the Defense Supply Chain (DSC), as well as the protection of Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI),” All Covered says.
7. XDR in Australia: Red Piranha has launched Crystal Eye Extended Detection and Response (XDR) version 4.0. The XDR platform now features SASE Cloud, streamlined Object Policy Control, integrated incident response and digital forensic services, and improved Automated Actionable Intelligence capabilities, Red Piranha says.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – MSP-MSSP Relationship: Buchanan Technologies, a major MSP, has expanded its service catalog to leverage ArmorPoint’s managed cybersecurity solution. ArmorPint’s areas of expertise include threat detection and response, IT incident management, automated asset discovery, security automation and orchestration, and more.
2. Channel Chief – Threat Detection and Hunting Systems: Stamus Networks has hired Charlie Provenza to lead and grow the Stamus Networks channel sales program. Target pargers include VARs, MSSPs and MDR service providers. Provenza previously held posts at Tufin, Swimlane, Cofense, FireEye Optiv and Imperative Software.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar