Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Service Identity Management: HP Enterprise has acquired service identity management startup Scytale. The technology helps enterprise security engineering teams standardize and accelerate service authentication across cloud, container, and on-premises infrastructures. Scytale, founded in 2017, apparently did not have a formalized partner program.
2. M&A – Fraud Detection: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, part of RELX, is acquiring Emailage, a global provider of fraud prevention and risk management solutions. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. M&A – Security Consulting: Miller Kaplan, a certified public accounting firm, has acquired Citadel Information Group – a Los Angeles-based IT consulting firm focused on information security management services.
5. Global SOC: Inspira Enterprise has launched a global security operations center (G-SOC) in Mumbai, India.
6. IoT Security: InsightCyber has launched Managed IoT Security — a suite of services for enterprise customers and value-added partners. On a related note, the company launched NetRadar Express, a free entry-level version of the NetRadar analytics platform that powers the company’s Managed IoT Security services.
7. Threat Intelligence – Shared System: PolySwarm, a threat intelligence marketplace for defending against new and emergent malware, has invited security researchers, malware analysts and defenders to join polyX, a free community that allows members to collaborate, access malware samples and test new detection techniques.
8. Talent – Cybersecurity Management Software: Apptega has hired Compliance 360 veteran Scot McLeod as vice president of marketing.
9. Talent- Digital Risk Protection: Digital Shadows has hired Arrow Electronics veteran Davitt Potter as director of MSSP and channel sales, Americas.
10. Talent – Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes has added Dropbox CMO Carolyn Feinstein to its board of directors.
11. Nintendo Hacker Legal Case: A 21-year-old California man has pleaded guilty to hacking Nintendo’s servers multiple times since 2016, using phishing techniques to gain early access to information about the company’s plans, Ars Technica reports.
12. Cyber Incident: Freight giant Toll Group has shut down “a number” of IT systems due to a “cyber security incident, , with customers reporting shipment tracking is down and drivers are reverting to manual receipts, ITnews reports.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar