Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – Cloud SOAR and MDR: Google Cloud has acquired Siemplify, MSSP Alert reported earlier today. The move aligns with the Google Chronicle strategy to simplify MDR (managed detection and response), Google asserts.
2. Executive Leadership – Palo Alto Networks: The cybersecurity company has hired Helmut Reisinger as CEO for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM). Reisinger previously was CEO of Orange Business Services, which has a Top 250 MSSP business unit.
3. Executive Leadership – Managed Network Detection and Response: Sentinel Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), an MSP and managed network security services provider, has appointed Ted Gruenloh as its CEO.
4. MSPs and Microsoft Security Assessments: Zomentum has added a Microsoft 365 security assessment to its library of IT assessment tools. The tools are accessible from the Zomentum Revenue Platform, which helps MSPs and VARs to accelerate sales.