Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 04 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSP-Focused Malware Attacks: Huntress Labs provides new insights here…
2. NetWalker Ransomware Attacks SOCaaS Provider: Details are here.
3. Funding – SOC Collaboration Startup: Anvilogic has raised $4.4 million in seed funding to build out a collaborative security operations center (SOC) content platform, CrunchBase reports. The platform provides information, such as detection rules and algorithms, via a specialized framework, a codeless content builder, and a sharing environment meant to accelerate the time to detect and triage threats in an enterprise, the report says.
4. Partnership – SOAR: RedLegg has replaced its home-grown automation and analysis platform with Palo Alto Networks‘ Cortex XSOAR. Also, RedLegg has expanded its managed security practice to now include professional and managed automation services, the MSSP says.
5. Partner Program – Cloud Detection and Response: Obsidian has announced a new Magma Partner Program. Forescout and McAfee veteran Claudia Slane, the global director of channels and alliances at Obsidian, is leading the partner effort. Target partners include MSSPs and incident response firms, among others.
6. Partnership: Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection now features deeper integration with CyberArk’s Privileged Access Security Solution. The result: Partners and organizations can identify their very attacked people (VAPs), apply additional security policies to their high-risk users with privileged access, and remediate phishing attempts, the companies say.
7. Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber, a cyber insurance provider for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs), is now admitted in 18 states.
8. Malware Targets EU Financial Firms: Cybereason‘s Nocturnus Research has published a malware research report titled No Rest for the Wicked: EvilNum Unleashes PyVil RAT.
9. Cyberattack Costs: The average wire-transfer loss from business email compromise (BEC) attacks was $80,183 in Q2 2020, up from $54,000 in Q1 2020, according to the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG)’s Phishing Activity Trends Report.
10. Malicious Domain Blocking and Reporting Service: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is offering this MDBR service…
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Proofpoint Protect Global 2020 (September 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar