Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Facebook Data Leaks: A leaker says they are offering information on more than 500 million Facebook Inc users — including phone numbers and other data – virtually for free, Reuters reports. The database appears to be the same set of Facebook-linked telephone numbers that has been circulating in hacker circles since January 2021 and whose existence was first reported by tech publication Motherboard, according to Alon Gal, co-founder of Israeli cybercrime intelligence firm Hudson Rock.
2. Accellion Cyberattack Victims List: Here’s the growing list of victims…
3. Ubiquiti Breach – Larger Than Originally Disclosed?: That’s the speculation…
4. MSP Insurance: Inskyber has launched an insurance brokerage that offers “insurance solutions for an MSP, by an MSP.”
5. FBI and CISA Warning – Fortinet Vulnerabilities: The CISA and FBI have warned users that hackers are actively exploiting three known Fortinet vulnerabilities. Key mitigation steps are listed here.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar