Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Dell PC Vulnerability Patches: Dell has issued patches to protect millions of PCs from multiple bios security flaws. SentinelOne discovered and documented the Dell PC vulnerabilities.
2. M&A – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Acuant has acquired Hello Soda, a global provider of identity verification and KYC solutions headquartered in the UK with focus on the European and Asian markets. Along with the company’s expertise in eMoney and gaming, Klarna and Paysafe, the union will bring together technology and data science capabilities that address trust in digital identities, Acuant says.
3. M&A – Web Security: Sectigo has acquired SiteLock, a provider of website security protection and monitoring. The deal also also included Patchman, a Netherlands-based provider of automated Content Management System (CMS) vulnerability scanning and patching solutions.
4. Funding – Security Automation: Vanta, which develops an automated security and verified compliance platform, has raised $50 million in Series A funding led by Sequoia Capital, along with participation from existing investor Y Combinator.
5. Security Education: Check Point Software Technologies has launched Check Point Cloud Academy in partnership with Arrow Electronics, Red Education and Westcon Security. The academy is open to Check Point Software’s partners and IT professionals.
6. SOAR: ThreatQuotient has announced ThreatQ TDR Orchestrator, a “data-driven automation capability for more efficient and effective threat detection and response,” the company says.
7. Industrial Cybersecurity: Kaspersky has launched the new edition of its industrial network visibility and security platform, Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Networks. In addition to operational technology (OT) traffic monitoring, the platform now flags vulnerabilities in equipment and gives recommendations for their mitigation, Kaspersky says.
8. Microsoft Outlook Security: Avatier has released Avatier for Outlook, providing users with passwordless Single Sign-On (SSO) and unified Identity Access Management (IAM) from within Outlook to make remote work more secure, the company asserts.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Talent – Channel Chief: ZeroNorth has named Dan Beauregard as VP of strategic alliances. Beauregard will build out ZeroNorth’s ecosystem of go-to-market partners across AppSec and DevOps, leading efforts around the organization’s technology alliance and channel partner programs, the company says.
2. Partnership – Endpoint Security Management: Malwarebytes‘ endpoint detection and response (EDR) now integrates with TeamViewer Remote Management. The integration allows customers and partners to centrally manage, monitor, track, patch and protect endpoints of any kind, the companies say.
3. Partner Program – Email Security: IRONSCALES has relaunched its channel partner program with enhanced benefits. As part of the refresh, IRONSCALES has “refined its tiering structure to feature platinum, gold, silver and transactional levels. The new program also defines achievable goals for partners and dedicates additional internal resources via its partner portal, marketing support, campaign assets, joint event opportunities and webinars to help drive revenue and maintain or boost levels,” the company says.
4. Partnership – Ingram Micro and McAFee: The Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace now offers McAfee’s MVISION portfolio to ISVs, VARs and MSPs, the companies say.
5. Integration – SOAR: XM Cyber now integrates with Palo Alto Network’s Cortex XSOAR security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) platform. This new integration adds one-click access within the Cortex XSOAR Marketplace to an attack simulation that enables security teams to see the full path of a potential attack, the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar