Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
3. Rebrand – Unified Endpoint Security: Verismic Software is rebranding around the Syxsense moniker. The company is an IT security solution provider that offers patch management, vulnerability scans, and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities in a single console.
4. Private Equity – Identity Verification: Corsair Capital has invested $40 million in Germany-based IDnow.
5. VMware-Carbon Black Strategy: Some important news surfaced at VMworld Europe 2019. (Teaser alert: That link will activate around 11:00 a.m. eastern on Tuesday.)
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Security for Partners: It’s safe to expect updates from Cisco Partner Summit 2019.
3. Cyber Risk and Google Cloud Platform: Redseal, a provider of cyber risk modeling for hybrid network environments, now supports Google Cloud Platform
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.