Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Mid-Market Cybersecurity: Coro has raised $60 million in Series C funding led by Balderton Capital, with participation from existing investor Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP).
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): eSentire has integrated new Automated Forensic Triage capabilities into its Incident Response Services. The result: eSentire is now able to “reduce the time it takes to complete a Digital Forensic and Incident Response engagement to days, versus the standard weeks or months. In turn, customers’ Incident Response costs and insurance payments will be cut in half,” the MDR service provider asserts.
3. SIEM for Microsoft 365: Blumira has introduced a free, self-service cloud security information and event management (SIEM) option for Microsoft 365. Blumira also launched three new paid versions of the platform.
4. Expansion – Security Operations Center (SOC): Thales is opening a new SOC in Morocco, the sixth in its international network, the company said.
7. Partnership – XDR and Security Consulting: FTI Consulting has embraced SentinelOne’s Singularity XDR platform to “proactively manage cyber risks and threats, accelerate incident response, and efficiently conduct investigations for its global customer portfolio,” the consulting firm indicated.
9. Free Threat Modeling: IriusRisk has launched a new version of its free Community Edition for security and development teams. The platform has more than 4,000 users.
10. Executive Leadership – Security Practice: AVANT, a Technology Services Distributor, has named Stephen Semmelroth as senior director of security. Semmelroth will lead AVANT’s enhanced security practice division, the company said.
11. Security Automation – IT and OT and More: Forescout Technologies has unveiled the Forescout Continuum Platform, an automated cybersecurity platform that “continuously manages the risk posture of assets across an enterprise’s digital terrain, providing complete coverage of IT, OT, IoT and IoMT devices,” Forescout asserted.
12. Log Management and Observability: Sumo Logic has introduced the Sumo Logic OpenTelemetry Distro Collector (OT Distro). The new collector is “designed to simplify and democratize the collection of logs, metrics, traces, and metadata from modern cloud applications,” Sumo Logic asserted. The initial release supports:
- Architectures, including x86/x64 and ARM
- Operating systems, including Apple macOS and Linux
- Orchestration platforms, including Kubernetes
13. Spring4Shell Vulnerability Mitigation: Carson & Saint offers this guidance.
14. Quantum Cybersecurity Concerns: The Pentagon’s outgoing data boss, David Sprik, has issued warning of quantum cyber threats that could break into encrypted systems, Bloomberg reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar