Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP and Open XDR (eXtended Detection and Response): Terralogic, a Top 250 MSSP, has embraced Stellar Cyber Open XDR to “bring new levels of visibility and security to its customers across India,” the companies indicated.
2. Hackers Target U.S. State Department Employees: Apple iPhones of at least nine U.S. State Department employees were hacked by an unknown assailant using sophisticated spyware developed by the Israel-based NSO Group, Reuters reported.
3. Partnership – Endpoint Detection and Response: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the Kognos into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by enhancing its EDR and service offering, the two companies said.