Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 06 December 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Rackspace Ransomware Attack: Here are the latest updates on the Rackspace Hosted Exchange ransomware attack.
2. Talent – MSSP: Overwatch Managed Security Services, a division of High Wire Networks, has hired Stephan Tallent as chief revenue officer (CRO). Tallent previously held key positions at Stellar Cyber, Cybereason and Fortinet — where he helped each security company to engage MSSP partners.
3. Talent – Vulnerability Management for MSPs: ConnectSecure has named Peter Bellini as CEO.
3. Funding – Cloud Identity Protection: Rezonate emerged from stealth with $8.7 million in financing from State of Mind Ventures and Flybridge, with participation from toDay Ventures, Merlin Ventures seed fund, security executives, angels and strategic investors.
4. Threat Hunting: ThreatHunter.ai (formerly Milton Security) has unveiled the TH-Core service package to help organizations to “hunt for and mitigate the constant, and ever expanding cyber threats and ransomware.”
5. IoT Healthcare Security: Palo Alto Networks has unveiled Medical IoT Security — a Zero Trust security solution for medical devices. The solution enables “healthcare organizations to deploy and manage new connected technologies quickly and securely,” Palo Alto Networks said.
6. Russia DDoS: Russia’s No. 2 bank VTB was hit by the largest cyberattack in its history, warning of temporary difficulties in accessing its mobile app and website, but assuring customers that their data remained safe, Reuters reported.
7. Russia-Ukraine Cyber Wars: See complete coverage and timeline here.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)