Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A: Forescout Technologies being acquired for $1.9 billion, though higher bids may emerge…
2. Funding – Patch Management: CrowdStrike has invested in Automox’s $30 million Series B funding round. A heads up to MSPs: NinjaRMM positions itself as an ideal patch management alternative to Automox. We’re poking around for more details and may share more info later today.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Awake Security, a network traffic analysis company, has launched a Managed Network Detection and Response (MNDR) solution.
4, Cyber Insurance: U.S. companies are turning to cybersecurity insurance to protect themselves from lawsuits and fines with enforcement of California’s landmark privacy law set to begin July 1, Bloomberg reports.
5. DDoS Attack: A DDoS attack apparently targeted a state voter registration site, the FBI says.
6. FireEye Earnings Results: FireEye announced Q4 revenue of $235 million, up 8 percent from the fourth quarter of 2018. Fourth quarter billings were impacted by a two-month decrease in the average contract length for our subscription and support contracts, the cybersecurity company says. FireEye has been the subject of M&A rumors in recent months.
7. Secure SD-WANs: Fortinet’s channel push continues.
8. Distribution – Email Security: Ingram Micro has agreed distribute Trustifi’s email security solutions, which protect users from such threats as phishing, malicious links and files, viruses, spoofing and more.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar