Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 06 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. M&A – Virtual CISO Services: Cipherloc has completed the SideChannel acquisition. The company, now branded as SideChannel, focuses on virtual CISO services and privacy management tools for mid-market customers.
2. Free SaaS Security Tools for MSPs: Augmentt has launched the Free Community Software Program to “help MSPs and IT professionals around the globe better manage and secure their SaaS and cloud applications.” Available immediately and free forever, the new tools include the Augmentt Email & Notification Console and Augmentt Security Auditing Tool for Salesforce, the company said.
3. Managed Vulnerability Scanning Service: Socura, a UK-based threat detection and containment specialist, has released a new Managed Vulnerability Scanning (MVS) service. The service “offers continuous identification and mitigation of vulnerabilities, can run on demand or to a schedule, and will help Socura’s SOC team limit the success of attempted cyberattacks,” Socura said.
4. Distribution: Multipoint Group has expanded its distribution agreement with Qualys, and will now promote the security platform into such countries as Greece & Cyprus, Romania & Bulgaria, the Balkans and Turkey and the overall Southeastern Europe.
5. Massive Ransomware Payment: Luxury British jeweler Graff Diamonds Corp. paid $7.5 million ransom in Bitcoin to a Russian hacking gang after it leaked data on the jeweler’s high-profile clients, according to a London lawsuit, Bloomberg reported.
6. Ransomware Payment Recovered: A Dutch university — University of Maastricht — has successfully recovered a $550,000 ransom paid to hackers in 2019 and plans to use recouped funds to help students in need, Bloomberg reported.
8. Zero Trust Security Market Forecast: Spending on Zero Trust security solutions will reach $60.7 billion by 2027, up from $27.4 billion in 2022. That’s a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3% during the forecast period, according to MarketsAndMarkets. Still, Zero Trust forecasts require a healthy dose of skepticism, since Zero Trust often involves proper business practices and system settings rather than product purchases.
9. Security as a Service Market Forecast: Spending on Security as a Service will reach $34.85 billion by 2028, up from $13.71 billion in 2022. That’s a 16.8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, The Insight Partners said.
10. Cyber Insurance Market Forecast: Global spending on cybersecurity insurance will reach $29.2 billion by 2027, up from $11.9 billion in 2022. That’s a 19.6% compound annual growth rate during the forecast period, ResearchAndMarkets reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar